Industrial and Regional Benefits
Canada's Industrial and Regional Benefits (IRB)
JRoberts Mfg. Inc. can assist in meeting your Canadian Industrial and Regional Benefits (IRB) requirements. The IRB policy was created in 1986 to ensure that Canadian companies can derive benefits from Canada's major defence procurements.
The IRB policy requires that prime contractors make sub-contracts and investments in the technology sectors of the Canadian economy, in an amount usually equal to the value of the defence contract they have won. The sub-contracts and investments can be directly or indirectly related to the items being procured.
JRoberts Mfg Inc. has the capability of providing 100% Canadian Content Value (CCV) with respect to the following eligible items:
- Wages, salaries, and benefits paid to Canadian workers
- Parts and materials of Canadian origin for plant equipment
- Transportation costs within Canada
- Full Facility costs in Canada - our manufacturing facility is located in Woodbridge, Ontario
- Engineering and professional services in Canada
- Travel expenses on Canadian carriers